z24 code

Rodney Fulk elixir at pathwaynet.com
Thu Dec 16 04:18:04 GMT 1999

Not sure if the worn out A/C compressor had anything to do with it but...
(Had shavings on the frame below it.. And the A/C doesnt work..)
I was on a trip to detroit and had to stop due to a gravel truck being
turned over.
It was close to 100 degrees that day and I noticed a puddle under my car..
Water pump was toast..
Heated up the motor..
To make a long story short... After I replaced the water pump the car would
overheat after I shut it off..
A mechanic looked at it and told me it wasnt worth fixing. But didn't tell
me what was wrong with it.
The ONLY symptom was as soon as I turned it off it would overheat and water
would come out of the
over flow tube.
While running it would be fine...
Has 128,000 miles on it..
Another mechanic said "Well heck, maybe the thermostat is stuck.".
So I attempted to change the thermostat...
Ended up breaking one of the bolts off in the intake..
And it has sat everysince...
Block is probly ok..
Probly just needs a head gasket.
But if I have it apart anyhow I will likely build it up... ;)
Would be nice to be able to reprogram the computer it has for the upgrades
but doesnt look like it will be simple to do..