first one!

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 4 19:09:57 GMT 1999

Roger Heflin wrote:

> > Since it might be easiest to nominate, and select at bin to work
> > on at this point, anyone got any nominees?.
> >
> And remember alot of the stuff on one ecm is still useable on the
> other ecm.  The tables are different, but I am sure GM/delco uses alot
> of the same tricks, so knowing the tricks helps since you have a
> better idea of what to look for.

Well, as a "newbie" who intends to lurk, learn, and occasionally put his
foot in his mouth and eat crow (not necessarily at the same time), how
about starting with something relatively straightforward, but reasonably
new to (most) of us. I think the 747 TBI systems have been pretty
decently documented... Maybe we should just come up with a ruling based
on MAP or MAF? I currently have MAF on my cars (of course, only one is
running), but am contemplating going to MAP on the one that is being
built.

-Andrew (whose CSH is not very big and has been run over a few times by
trucks)