Beginning at the beginning

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Feb 4 19:42:15 GMT 1999

Since we're setting the pace for the list, I'd like to get a word in
before being left in the dust.  There's going to be a lot of
discussion of disassembly, I hope, and much of it more technical than
what's typically of DIY_EFI.  For me, I've been checking every
reference posted, collecting as much info as possible, and hoping to
run across enough "magic keys" to start participating instead of
"adding $.02 worth" to the code discussions.

Maybe we could get some idea over the next few days about everyone,
what background they've got, etc.  If there are enough people like
myself, trying to learn some basics along with some specific info
about our chosen ECM, maybe it won't take years for the beginners to
help out.

And also, if anyone here has some good references, please mention
them.  I'd invest $30 in a book that helps me along, but I don't want
to order a $100 manual that's just not useful.

I don't want to slow anybody down.  I'm trying to get an idea of the
"experience level" of the list, and hopefully find enough guys at my
level to start a working group.
Shannen