EPROM emulator

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Thu Feb 11 16:31:34 GMT 1999

jgwynne at mrcday.com wrote:

> I just took a quick look... it doesn't look to me like it will
> synchronously roll two banks in and out. I don't want to stop the
> engine... I want to do it in real time.
>
> YES!!! I need help!!! :). we need someone to lay the board out... I
> don't have those tools where I work now :(. The smallest processors I
> have are 68hc811's... are there any PIC users here? I really would like
> to do this through RS232... that avoids the linux/dos/etc issues... it
> will work with most anything then.

I've done one small PIC project so am somewhat familiar with it.  I
could do some coding.  I agree with using the serial port instead of the
parallel port.  I suppose the job of the PIC is to:

1)  accept data from the serial port and write it to RAM
2)  accept commands from the serial port to switch on either RAM or
EPROM

You'll have the data and address lines going to both chips, I suppose,
and use the PIC to route the control signals to the appropriate chip?

--steve