EPROM emulator

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 11 18:12:51 GMT 1999

jgwynne at mrcday.com wrote:

> YES!!! I need help!!! :). we need someone to lay the board out... I
> don't have those tools where I work now :(.

Wish I could help... I don't have any layout tools either (did some
Orcad and HiWire a few years ago, but, that's all waaay back then).

> The smallest processors I
> have are 68hc811's... are there any PIC users here? I really would like
> to do this through RS232... that avoids the linux/dos/etc issues... it
> will work with most anything then.

RS232 is cool... ;) I just tend to think in parallel, not serial. ;^D
OK, basic operation states that you want to be able to swap memory maps
without a hiccup from the computer. Your little micro will play traffic
cop in this data exchange, right? What about having one mode of the
micro spit out the memory address, and/or the data, that the ECM is
accessing? That probably puts an ugly spin on things, but might be a
helpful troubleshooting tool.

My mind is aglow...

-Andrew