Dave, need a favor

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 13 15:35:18 GMT 1999

At 10:01 AM 2/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
>"David A. Cooley" wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>> I think it's on the DIY_EFI ftp site... If not, let me know and I'll find
>> it and send it.
>> (haven't played with it in a while, so I need to search my drive!)
>
>GCAR started me off on my quest ;) I put it on my web page a long time
>ago. See http://www.mindspring.com/~amattei/aldl.htm - and download the
>self extracting executable. Has the schematic, program, and source code
>in there. Be warned, there's a bug, that I have a fix for, but haven't
>put it on the web page. I made a new .exe for Bruce the other night with
>the bug "fix". (The "bug" is that GCAR won't display / store the value
>0xFF). That throws off checksums, etc... (if you're checking).

Throws off a lot more... some of the data from my 95 LeSabre comes across
as FF under certain conditions... As the car would approach red line at
WOT, the sent data would come up short by several bytes... thought the CPU
was limiting the ALDL data to preserve CPU time for the higher RPM's...
Mike Pitts put the fix in for me and the data was back to normal.
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.