7730 ARDC, AZTY, and other V6's

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Mon Jul 5 21:42:33 GMT 1999

>Doug wrote:
>
><snipped good info>
>>easier it becomes like a puzzle.   I did find the min. temp for the EGR.  I
>>will set this to $FF.  That is the best way to disable it, because it
>>causes the calculations to work correctly.  Right now I just blocked the
>>EGR tube  and the computer was happy (no light).  The address in mine was
>>$8E8B = 66c = 154F,  if I am right.....  I am surprised that not many
>>people realize what a performance and gas milage killer the EGR is.  There
>>is no benefit of it that I can tell.

First real rule of EGR delete is there is no universal truth.  Some, make no
difference at cruise for mileage/perforamance, and some kill WOT.  There is
a version that uses backpressure to open it.  So you need to try and see
what works for you.  If you read the tuning notes doc., I suggest using the
timing/fuel to get the min TPS for a particular cruise.
Bruce