'98 Vortec 350 - Good swap into a Jeep?

Squash realsquash at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 16:49:21 GMT 1999

--- Shannen Durphey <shannen at grolen.com> wrote:
> They are more sensitive
> to changes in the
> drivetrain configuration than OBDI computer systems,
> and with many
> vehicles there is little in the way of aftermarket
> performance support
> available.

I think that they go so far as to put sensors in the
rear axle (on trucks) and such.  I know that arizona
speed and marine can reprogram the 99 PCMs, so maybe
they can kill a lot fo that annoying stuff??

> For simplicity, you may want to consider
> using the new
> engine with an older computer and maybe the fuel
> system.

I agree.  But i know little about the vortec stuff.

> The intake surface of cylinder heads have a
> different bolt pattern
> than traditional intakes, so you are limited in
> manifold options

Edelbrock now makes a couple of carb intakes for the
vortec heads, also.  They would be good canidates for
installing bosses into the runners.

SqUAsH