'98 Vortec 350 - Good swap into a Jeep?

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed Jul 7 17:28:57 GMT 1999

I'm confused by all the comments on changing the intake,
etc. Using a Non-OBD-II computer does not require
changinging the intake manifold and Fuel system. Any of the
TPI or later electronics could be used with the existing
Intake. Some swaps are more difficult than others, For
example: I put a 95 computer on my 96 LT1. It plugs right
into the wiring harness, and only the Knock sensor has to be
changed for compatability. What was the 95 computer used in
chevy trucks? Is it compatable with the wiring harness?
Using a 730 or 747 would be a lot more work because of all
the custom wiring required, although you may be able to use
the harness and most of the sensors off the old TPI system
if the locations are similar.

	Or if you are running stock keep the whole Vortec system.
Remember this means Cats, after cat O2 sensors, etc. It does
get tricky. There are some people out there making O2
simulators for the AfterCat O2 sensors, but by the time you
get done modifying the 99 PCM to get rid of OBD-II for your
Jeep you may be one of the List experts on the Vortec!!

		Ken