HELP, I erased the flash in my PCM

Tom Hussey thussey at idirect.com
Wed Jul 7 13:41:55 GMT 1999

Hi Dave,

To reprogram an ECM with a clean flash that has been powered off there
are only two ways I know of...

1) Replace the FLASH

2) Use the CPU bootstrap mode. To do this you need to force the mode
pins then do reset. This places the CPU in a mode where you can download
a bootstrap to internal ram. Use this bootstrap program to reprog the
FLASH. For all the info on this see Motorola AN1010 and AN1060. From
what I understand, bench mode won't work
Please tell me the address you used to turn on VPP. Those details would
be of great interest to me.

-Tom