HELP, I erased the flash in my PCM

Beth Hempstead dave_hempstead at hp.com
Wed Jul 7 03:53:16 GMT 1999

Please help me!!!

I wrote alot of complex code (with at least 1 bug in it) which successfully erased the flash in my '94 GM PCM, but did not successfully re-program it with new bits.  Therefore, I have a PCM which is dead.

I realize that I can unsolder the flash, reprogram them, and solder (or socket) them back in the PCM.

Is there any easier way to get the PCM back to listening to the ALDL????  I can easily open it up.

What do you experts do when they try to reflash a PCM, and you get a glitch, power failure, or some other error code.  I doubt that you throw it away.  How do you recover the PCM???

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated
Dave (boy do I feel stupid) Hempstead
(formerly) '94 Caprice PCM 16188051