Forgotten WIN Utility (was Re: M6811...)

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Jul 9 15:02:14 GMT 1999

> with large segments of common code in different ecm's, I'm thinking about a
> auto-commenting package that could correlate code segments and copy
> comments from a commented source code to one that is not. It may only
> be appropriate for 80% of the code, but I think it would be easier to
> fix 20% than to start from scratch. any thoughts?
>
> john gwynne

One of the features in the package I wrote (win32) allows you to
search for these "chunks" simply by searching for a set of 5 or 6
consecutive bytes that exist in the common chunk. nothing
fancy like disassembly, but it gives you a list of locations for
"investigation". To anyone who remembers that I had offered and SENT
this tool to 5 or 6 people 2  months ago, no one had any feedback
or additions except one person... this thing has bloomed into a tool
that does some of the functions being talked about here and MORE.
since no one else fed back that it was useful I just continued to
improve it for that ONE individual and myself. this thing allows you
to view, compare, count differences, change values, view (in H x
W table layout) any location, any width up to 17 columns, graphically
points out differences (blue=lower, red=higher) displays data in AFR,
degrees f, degrees advance, ..,..,.., allows side by side file
comparison, ..,.. I cant remember it all but if anyone ELSE had
suggested additions they would be there too. I slowed down with it
now cause I have real work to do, looks like you have some other good
tools to work with now. I purpously did NOT make the utility contain
the ability to be configured for specific proms.. GME is the tool for
that, so if anyone wants to (on a limited basis) continue development
with me then PRIVATELY e-mail me (hopefully you can help me with my
iroc tuning he he ;-). I dont want to duplicate efforts but I think I
have some unique features.

PS I'm on vacation this week so replies might be late.

Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp