3800 series II swap, please read :)

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Jul 10 11:08:38 GMT 1999

Kevin Margitta wrote:

> > > NAPA sells a bare hose with an on/off valve for EFI cleaning for about
> > > 25-30 bucks... cleaner runs about 5.00 a can.
> > GM Top Engine Cleaner can be used with great success, but don't add
> > this to the fuel tank.  Dilute with gasoline, 1 can cleaner to 5 gals
> > gas. Other auto makers sell similar product.
> > Shannen
> >

> >Shannen, how does this clean the injecetors? don't I need some form of
> pressure to flush them out? I'm an idiot here :)  The injectors are actually
> out right now... trying to find a place in Toronto that can
> lean( ultrasonic possibly?) and blueprint them.

I use an auxilliary pump and tank while the injectors are in the car.
F.B. mentioned making up a small circuit to drive the injectors if
they're removed.  There was a circuit by Bruce Bowling in the archives
to use for injector cleaning (is this the same one you've made,
Fred?).  You might also want to check out these guys:
http://www.lindertech.com/
BTW, we recently replaced some injectors on a TPI Vette, and the
replacement injectors were about $24 apiece from GM.  That's really
inexpensive, especially for parts from the General.
Shannen