7730 addresses

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 14 18:18:49 GMT 1999

At 01:55 PM 7/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all:
>  I'm still plugging away at decoding all of the asm code for my 730.
>a while ago Ludis posted a partial io map for a P4 ( 0x4000 - 0x400c)
>
>  there is a bunch of activity in the 0x0000 to 0x0ofc are ( sram I believe)
>any idea of the layout of that area?
>
>then again at 0x3FC2, 0x3FC8, 0x3FE0 and 0x5000 0x5013 and 0x501b
>
>man is asm listings ever long.. that last largish asm reverse engineering
>
>while I'm bothering you all how accurate is the ecm guys mapping of the
>data areas
>and are the table in the same addresses between proms??

Pat,
The port IO map will be the same as a standard HC11F1...  The map Ludis
posted I believe was at 0x4000 due to the PROM mapping in at 0x4000.
As to the tables being in the same locations between proms, if the CODE is
identical between proms, then yes... However, I've seen that GM likes to
play with the code (or has someone different write the code for each
vehicle the P4 was used in!) so the tables don't necessarily correspond
between different proms.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!