7730 addresses

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Jul 15 01:02:08 GMT 1999

Pat Ford wrote:

>  there is a bunch of activity in the 0x0000 to 0x0ofc are ( sram I believe)
> any idea of the layout of that area?

Yes, 0x0000 through 0x01ff is all SRAM.  The first half (from 0x0000
through 0x00ff) is retained by the "memory keep alive" ECM power input.

> then again at 0x3FC2, 0x3FC8, 0x3FE0

That's the 45148 timer chip.  It handles the ignition timing input &
output, injector timing, several PWM outputs, and a few other features.

> 0x5000 0x5013 and 0x501b

There's nothing there normally.  It's for the HUD calibrator which plugs
onto the ECM via the big edge card connector.

David Cooley wrote:

> The port IO map will be the same as a standard HC11F1...  The map Ludis
> posted I believe was at 0x4000 due to the PROM mapping in at 0x4000.

The '7730 does _not_ use an HC11F1.  The MPU used in the '7730 hard
decodes the PROM to 0x8000 through 0xffff.  The MPU's onchip peripherals
are hard configured to 0x4000 through 0x4000f.  The unused locations
0x400d through 0x400f read as zero.  Nothing drives the bus at 0x4010
and up.