a MAF too small

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Thu Jul 22 01:15:28 GMT 1999

Makes most sense from what I've seen

I would like to be
>involved if you are interested in trying to use a syclone code running a
>separate computer as a fueler,,,,,,hmmmm another thought,,,I think we could
>even do the spark in 2 or 3 bar and leave your stock computer (165) just to
>handle the fueling till the MAF runs out,,,,,btw where did you find a kit for
>that year or was it homemade???????
>-Carl Summers
>
><< Subj:	 a MAF too small
> Heres a brief intro to my project, for those new:
>
> I have an 89 5.7l Iroc, 165 ECM, ARAP (vette) binary. I have put a
> supercharger on it and the computer has no idea what airflow is
> coming in after about 3000 rpm cause the MAF reads 255 right about
> there.
>
> The definite solution is to go to a MAP system. I dont want to hack
> the wiring apart and have to use a binary that I'm not skilled enough
> at to tune from scratch.

Any work you do and want to get right is going to be from sctratch.
Weither you use ecmguy or promgrammer, it will be work.  Personally I'd just
use the sy ecm.

Easiest way out is the Haltech E6GM ($650 ish).

> Am I missing an easier solution? Do I even really care what's going
> on at WOT above 3000 rpm?  I MAY max the MAF at 70% TPS and 3500 rpm
> so my thinking is I DO care.

Only if you want it to run right, and last resonably long time.
There is no wasted time in doing things right.  It will pay off.
The ecmguy lists the freq so a MAP to MAF convrter is doable, and has beeen
done several times, but noone has shared the results on how so you will have
work to do thata way.
Bruce