a MAF too small

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Jul 22 09:18:43 GMT 1999

> From:          "Mark Romans" <romans at pacbell.net>
> To:            <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject:       Re: a MAF too small
> Date:          Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:57:30 -0700

> Hi Dave:  There are a number of options.  First I would say that the maf
> will flow 750 cfm at 28".  So the maf sholdn't be  a flow restriction.  If
> you go to http://www.thrasher-ep.com/
> Look at the ECM Secrets and Tuning Hints.  They have a ton of good info.
> The buick Turbo's run a maf and have no problem.

I OWN one of those mark, it's a 12.7 car with the stock stuff. I've
read the thrasher stuff and even have one of their chips for the GN..
time to re-visit his page now that I understand it more. I also do
not know what a Fuel Management Unit is. and I also need to find
out more what "recalibrate the settings" EXACTLY entales. I beleive I
understand what the scaled MAF tables are doing, and that changing
the numbers by a percentage across the board would be my first
thought.

Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp