a MAF too small

Peter Fenske pfenske at bcit.bc.ca
Thu Jul 22 05:32:13 GMT 1999

Hi Dave

Lots of ways to do this..

The best way to do the Maf is to borrow a Mustang idea like Bruce
said is to add a bypass to the Maf.. Mustang Mafs do their metering
in a bypass tube.. So if you bypass the 50% of the Maf you will read
half the air flow..

UNFORTUNATELY the number in the software stop at 255 gms/sec..
Not important though if you take it with a grain of salt..
Do what most people do and run a richer PE than required.
\
I would go on a hunch that unless you see a Maf error
I would use the PE table to enrich the mix.. 10 to 1 NA would
be prob 13 to one with 6 psi boost.. Start max PE enrich..
IE set it to 40% rich or so

Now the sy software I have been looking at seriously..
I still am not 100% sure the why for of the second FMD and
injector driver.. All my looks at the software say this isn't used
in the sy application.. The sy app looks like it doesn't even
read the calpak.. all you have to do is change the CyL contant
to 00 so it seems.. Crank enrichment is not sweat either.

It isn't that bad to switch the wires.. Don't know if I have time
to try it in my vette though.. Any takers::?????

Oh well gl:peter