a MAF too small

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Jul 22 09:18:42 GMT 1999

> To:            gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject:       Re: a MAF too small
> From:          jgwynne at mrcday.com
> Date:          Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:19:05 -0400

> | I have an 89 5.7l Iroc, 165 ECM, ARAP (vette) binary. I have put a
> | supercharger on it and the computer has no idea what airflow is
> | coming in after about 3000 rpm cause the MAF reads 255 right about
> | there.
>
> I gather you do not have a Fuel Management Unit (FMU) and
> supplementary fuel pump to boost the fuel pressure. Any reason why you
> don't want to go this route?
>
> john gwynne

John I have a syclone fuel pump and an adjustable reg set at 46# idle
vac-off. It is able to keep up with the stock injectors at static
conditions so far without the pressure dropping off, to 6 psi boost
at 5100rpm.

In general.. I'm trying to NOT buy extra parts or make things to
complicated. If I can't accomplish a well running setup I may have to
think otherwise.. but I'll try first.

Thanx
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp