a MAF too small (!)

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Jul 22 16:56:37 GMT 1999

> larger than the original!  NO ECM CHANGES!  did I hit on something
> here? at idle the car would see  less airflow than stock , and
> provide a reduced inj pulse.. which is correct cause the injectors
> are exactly proportionally sized larger.  huh.

This is one possibility to resolve the issue.  Also realize that idle is
going to suck if you make changes too drastic, as the information
getting into the computer (ECM) will be considered "odd" and the bone
stock ECM might consider a sensor or two as "failed".  The O2 sensor is
by far the most important sensor.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology