a MAF too small (!)

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Jul 22 16:58:46 GMT 1999

> Btw, I think the ford mafs can be quite easily adapted for use in place of
> frequency output units;  as I understand, they're a current bridge design, so it's
> fairly easy to hook up a voltage controlled oscillator to simulate a frequency
> type maf sensor.  Bruce et al. could probably do this in their sleep!  :-)  If you

A cheap, stable voltage to frequency chip is NatSemi's LM9400V.  I'm not
sure if its in production, but radio shack used to stock them at one
point.

I used three of these (two in F to V, and one in V to F) with an op-amp
summing amplifier in an attempt to have two GM Mafs feed the same ECM.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology

Tele: (203) 372-2707