a MAF too small

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Jul 22 16:27:07 GMT 1999

> You could do what GM does in the 2-bar MAP programs - have two sets of
> variables, one for the original range, and one for the increased range.
> Most of the code can get by with the original values - stuff like trip
> points, idle control, closed loop control, and most error codes.  In the
> 2-bar MAP systems, only the timing advance, fuel calculation, and some
> boost related logic needs the 2-bar values.

I'm not re-compiling code, just table poking. I didnt know that,
thats the way to do it and keep the code flexible and simple though.

> If the MAF value gets multiplied or divided, your scale factor
> transfers through to the product or quotient.  Just some simple
> algebra.  If you have a product, it might be retained as a 16 bit
> value.  This should give enough range for you to apply the scale
> factor right then - and not have to worry about it in further
> calculations.

If the MAF value is say 204 and it compares with a value of 206, but
the actual MAF is only reading a portion of the air, ie theres really
280 g/s entering.. then the PGM will *not* trigger that process or
event when actually it shoud.. thats what I meant by having to alter
all the comparison values.  I see what you are saying though.. I
would have to leave the "normal" g/s reading alone my multiplying the
input by a factor.. then NOT multiplying it for the fuel, spark etc.
lotsa hard (for me) work, Its admittedly beyond me.

Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp