a MAF too small

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Jul 23 16:30:51 GMT 1999

> One thing you can try is using two stock MAF's is parallel with the ECU
> only connected to one MAF (but air flowing through both) and then using an
> injector twice the size the computer thinks it is. It is VERY important to
> design the air intake so that the same air flow goes to both MAF's - test
> it on a flow bench with a voltmeter if possible.

If that is in fact correct, 0-5V sensor output, one can "sum" the inputs
using an op-amp, then cut that output in half via another op-amp, then
you'd have a combined airflow between the two, if you wanted to change
code.  If not, I'm sure devising an averaging setup of some sort
couldn't be that hard.  Been a long time since I've done analog stuff.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology

Tele: (203) 372-2707