a MAF too small

Jason Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Sat Jul 24 14:33:10 GMT 1999

I don't think the Ford MAF is the same. Best Products (Pro Flow), who makes
most of the big Ford aftermarket MAFs, sells a MAF for the 1986-1989 GM
applications. It uses one of their 75 to 80 mm "bullet" MAFs and an adapter
box to convert the signals. I am not sure what the box does exactly (didn't
take it apart etc.). You will also set a burn off circuit code with this
because the Fords don't use a burn off cycle.

We have tried installing one (of the Pro Flow MAFs) on a heavily modified
420 CID twin turbo Corvette but have not been able to get it to work yet.
We were also using one of their controller boxes (to modify the MAF signal)
and a MAF calibrated to half scale (with the injector cal set to 25
lbs/hour but 50 lb/hr injectors installed in the vehicle).

Jason