a MAF too small

Daniel Ciobota dciobota at hiwaay.net
Fri Jul 23 20:48:50 GMT 1999

> HERESY I say!  NEVER!   you'll have to stuff it up my cold, dead
> <self-censored> !    ;-)
>
> Now if you call it a BOSCH MAF, well maybe I'll take one!
>
> Seriously, Thanks Daniel.

You're welcome... it's ok to be a purist, although nowadays gm and ford
cars have less gm or ford parts in them than otherwise... I found out
not too long ago that my a/c compressor in the vette is a nippondenso
unit!!  Sheesh.  No wonder it blew out, it couldn't handle all that
american iron...  ;-)

> Now do the 6 MAF calibration tables in the BIN still apply to the
> voltage type sensor *AND* the Freq sensor? It looks like the info is
> not what's bypassed using that option bit.
> Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp

Wish I knew Dave, I was amazed to find out my 89 vette sensor was a
voltage type!  Now, instead of spending $350 for a 75mm gm style
edelbrock maf, I can use a f... I mean bosch maf with a harness adaptor
for about $150.  The other $200 can start my exhaust fund (geez are
vette exhausts expensive!).

Daniel