What to DO?

David C. Allen davida at primenet.com
Sat Jul 24 16:53:44 GMT 1999

Hello
I have a 1986 Chevy Suburban 4x4,  this truck has a 350 freshly rebuilt
engine with a Q-jet carburetor, and I would like to change it to fuel
injection. I also have to pass emission inspection, so the air pumps / EGR
must be "there". If this is the wrong group to ask this question, please
forgive me. What type of fuel injection should I try to install. Tuned Port
looks like it would require a lot work, a TBI looks like you could just
replace the Q-jet and add the electronics. Port injection with a throttle
body, and new intake manifold looks like best setup but also the most
expensive. The reason to change to fuel injection, is to learn how fuel
injection operates, and to hopefully have a better running truck.

TIA

David