3800 series II swap in Lesabre T-type

Kevin speakerconnection at home.com
Mon Jul 26 15:24:55 GMT 1999

Hey all, hope everyone is well..

The reason I am now writing is to thank everyone for the advice on the
injector cleaning. After getting them to stop leak.. the idle has really
improoved a lot. They were pretty off balance.

A day after getting it all right.... I blew my tranny... 2nd and 3rd slip
pretty bad on my T4-440.  I am looking at putting in a 4T-60E and have seen
that these trannies are still used today in the monte carlo and lumina's..
does anyone know which one would have a 3.06 final drive ratio?

My other option I have been very slightly thinking about, is using a 5spd
from a 94 Z-24... are there any thoughts on this..?? would there be problems
with code in the eprom? am I making too much of a headache in work ? I know
I need a clutch.... pedal, master cylinder... has this ever been done
before?   Any response is greatly appreciated.. hope to hear from you all
soon.

Yours Truly,

Kevin