Ignition Modules

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 13:28:43 GMT 1999

In a message dated 7/27/99 9:12:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
frederic at xephic.dynip.com writes:

<<  Then, I had a friend load an image for me into the ECM, since I
 don't have a prom burner, and ran GN code, wired the FWD buick engine as
 a GN (very similar anyway), and it knocked less.  Much less.  Still
 knocked though at higher RPMs.  Probably because there wasn't a
 wastegate and the c/r is higher on the FWD engine than the RWD turbo
 engine. >>

You mean an image in the calibration prom right? not the embedde rom chip on
the mainboard right? Are you saying the  program is different from RWD to FWD
from $E000 (or wherever the ROM startsforget) or only the prom? So are you
saying, it could be the fact I also have a aftermarket ECM, which may have
the wrong ROM code on it? In looking through the ROM code, it looked very
generic, testing situations, returening results, none of which, other than
wastegate control looked special.

Indulge me further if you have the patience?

Jim