Ignition Modules

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Jul 27 13:40:28 GMT 1999

> Indulge me further if you have the patience?

If one were to take the chip off the plastic carrier socket, and scan it
with an eprom reader, the chips would be different from the FWD and the
GN configuration.  This plastic carrier thing has a 68-pin connector on
the bottom, and the chip/knock sensor on top.  My friend read this my
simply unplugging the chip in its carrier, attaching a chip-clip, and
reading it that way.  No cutting/chopping, soldering, etc.

As far as the systemboards/mainboards, I haven't dug that far into the
units... as I became very frustrated and went the Haltech Tec II route
at this point - I knocked the little FWD engine to pieces, and started
playing with more durable RWD 4.1L engines due to their availability
from the local boneyard dirt cheap.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology