350 roadmaster ecm / 7747 ecm

Brent Obermiller ober_b at sssnet.com
Thu Jul 29 03:14:22 GMT 1999

Good Questions, Shannon.

The stock LT4 @.50 203/210  and .466/.450 w/ 1.5 rockers.

>Is this a high flow base for factory tbi manifolds?

No, it's the 670cfm analog two barrel,( I have eight or so)  and the raw
IAC casting was professionally machined to accept a stock '87 Z24 IAC
(held on w/ two bolts and four small connectors in a row) Additionally,
the stock intake was bored out to 2" to match these butterflies.  Oh,
and a 3/8" spacer was used to solve a gasket surface mismatch problem.

>You need a v8 calpak, part no 16060836, about $10 just two weeks ago.
You also need to change the cylinder select bit or run an 8 cyl
calibration.

Ordered one for an '87 suburban today, from Ewing Chevrolet
(800-323-1914)
$11.46.

>Which trans and rear gears are you running?
(1987 GTA 5.7L TPI) 700/r4 it has full throttle O/D
rebuilt by HardDrive Transmissions (WWW.HARDDRIVEPARTS.COM)
w/ TransGo Shift Improver
Torque Converter (1995 Impala SS w/ 2.93)-I should have got the 3.08
unit (more stall)
GM 8.5 (10 bolt)  3.42 non-cone positraction

I'll check out those pages. Thanks.  -Brent