Need some PROM-tweaking halp...

Ron Gregory syclone at home.com
Fri Jul 30 03:11:54 GMT 1999

My buddy and I stuffed a '98 Vortec 350 into
his '87 Suburban.  He used the Edlebrock
intake and just used an adapter to bolt
the stock TBI setup to the intake.
Of course he got carried away with headers
and such, but's that's all part of the fun.  We
still want to run the stock 747 ECM...

We make a couple diacom runs and
dumped his Hypertech chip for that truck.

Look in http://24.4.36.39/ron/dub for the
Diacom .gdf files and the bin file.

The data-logging didn't show too much,
because it was so slow.  He's going
to install an A/F monitor on the O2 sensor
to get a general idea of how things are
running.

It was 101 F this afternoon, and it seemed to
run pretty good.  He said that it seems to
have some poor manners in the morning, though

There appears to be a bit of a lean
condition, but it's not too bad.  BLMs
are above 128

Let's turn that beast into a tire-frying
monster <grin>.  Can you point me
to the tables in that PROM?

Does anyone know what the TPS
voltage numbers should be on that
setup?  We see .66 v at idle and 4.08
at WOT... doesn't sound quite right...is it?

Silly question:
What is the base timing supposed to be
for that?  There are no longer any stickers
under the hood of that truck.

I'll get the stock chip dumped in the next day
or so.  Then I'll put it on that page, too.

Bruce P... I think I may have found a home
for my '99 Tahoe 350 that I'm gonna bolt
a TPI intake to... how 'bout a Chevy Monza?

Thanks,
~~~~~
Ron Gregory                        '91 Syclone #1452
rgregory at iname.com      Garland, TX