Chip for 85 305 TPI on carb 350

Michael Davis davis at mail.eecis.udel.edu
Fri Jul 30 14:14:37 GMT 1999

I have been using the HLH-3200 (updated 85 vette 350TPI) as the
basis for my motor (stock 305 TPI w/ transplated ZZ4 under it)
and has been working out ok thus far..

The base image is on my site (http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/)

The 305 should have smaller 58cc chambers and would have a raised
compression on the 350 if they were used...

The 305 used 19lb injectors and the 350 vette used 22lbs. (some early
'85 models were reported to have shipped with 24s ??)  The 305 chip
had the same flow rate as the 350, though the other fueling parameters
softened the differences in the injector rates.

Terry has most of the data for the '870 in GMEPro which I'm using.

(I was able to advance the timing about 12 deg in my stock 305TPI
 chip and it ran much better..  I imagine the lower CR 350 would
 benefit from alot more...)

mike