Edelbrock TBI Conversion

Ward wspoonemore at excite.com
Thu Jun 10 15:22:58 GMT 1999

Its not just TBI Batch fire, all GM V8's run in batch fire up till the LT1,
LS1 engines. that is right bank then left bank.

The only demonstrated benifit of sequential fire is emmissions at idle are
marginaly improved.

Severel of the TBI systems fire every 12.5 msec in some power ranges.

as to injector and cid size . it can be set at address $02B4 in the 1227747
ECM, the value for 5.7l is 135 decimal. this is for a 7.71 grams/sec TBI
injector or 15.42 total.

for a sinble port injector 2.33 grams/sec the value at $02b4 would be 112
decimal.

Ward...

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:56:00 +0000, jweir at att.net wrote:

> Ok, thats why I asked.  I was under the impression that
> with a batch fired system, it fired half the injectors
> and them fired the corresponding cylinders which on a 6
> cylinder would be 3 ignition events before it fired the
> other half of the injectors..
>
> So are you saying that with every ignition pulse (at the
> coil) there is an injector event.. ?
>
> Maybe I need a basic course in how a TPI batch system
> works...
>
> I understand that I need to keep the injector sizes/fuel
> pressure and such relative so I am still getting the same
> ammount of fuel vs. the TBI
>
> Jason
>
> --
> 88 Wrangler - 155K miles and counting
> 258 I6, 4.0 head, Cherokee header, 2 1/2 exhaust with
> high flow cat & Flowmaster
> GM TBI, Crane 260H Cam
> TJ Fender Flares
> http://home.att.net/~jweir
> CNC 4X4 Member - http://cnc.4x4.org/
>

> > Jason Weir wrote:
> >

> > > TBI
> > >
> > > 1 injector fires for every cylinder firing.
> > > 8 cylinders firing means 8 injector events, alternating 4 per
injector

> > > Edelbrock 7747 TPI Setup
> > >
> > > 1 injector fires for every 4 cylinders firing
> >
> > Huh???
> >
> > > 8 cylinders firing means 2 injector events. 2 groups of 4 alternating
> >
> > 4 injectors fire for every ignition pulse
> >

> > > So my question did Edelbrock just put a divide by 2 after each
original
> > > TBI driver and use that to trigger a secondary driver that fed the
> > > injector groups?  This is the only way that I can see how they might
> > > have made it work?  Any other ideas..
> > >
> > > This brings up my application question.  When we are dealing with a
V8