68HC11

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon Jun 14 04:55:53 GMT 1999

Tom Sharpe wrote:

> > From: Bruce Plecan <nacelp at bright.net>
> > To: gmecm at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu <gmecm at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> > Date: Sunday, May 30, 1999 7:09 PM
> > Subject: 68HC11
> >
> > >It's been mentioned to me that they use this cpu, in robotic applications,
> > >and that there are protyping/project boards, and simulations the will run
> > >code on a PC to check for error
>
> Bruce. I've been over this issue and suggest the HC12 because it's faster, has a
> BDM connection, and is instruction compatable with the HC11.
<snip>

You're already mentioning stuff that's beyond us wrenching types.
What's a BDM connection?  BP and I are looking for tools to help us
with a "hands on" approach.  Doesn't matter what processor is used, as
long as the end result doesn't confuse the issue.  I think the idea
with the robotics mention was maybe finding books or projects that are
less intended for engineering courses.
Shannen