CSH,HQ, Remote email software question.

Peter D. Hipson mail at darkstar.mv.com
Thu Jun 17 18:43:55 GMT 1999

Their concerns extended well beyond the O2 issue. There are shock issues
(in cardiac they are very careful about stray currents). At one time I had
wires coming out of my chest that went directly to my heart, wouldn't had
done to get a voltage on them by mistake <g>!

At 01:10 PM 6/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Previously, you (Peter D. Hipson) wrote:
>> That should work well, I like Eudora--easy to use, learn, adn works very
>> well. When I had my heart surgery this spring, I ended up not
>> bothering--the same problem, they wouldn't let me plug anything in.
>
> that is SO STUPID in a O2 rich environment I'd preffer a transformer over
>lead acid batteries and way over anything with lithium in it.
>
> I'll try to find out what I used when commercial diving (deco chamber
>rated stuff should work). I think the CE spec ( not m$ c.e.) or ul rated
>stuff should work?
>
> The other possible work around is get a NEMA exposive env. rate enclosure
>and put the pc poweer supply in there ( I forget the NEMA number for this
>type of enclosure but a commercial electrician should know it)
>
>just passing thoughts
>

>> At 12:16 PM 6/17/99 EDT, you wrote:
>> >Hi guys,
>> >I apologise for the short time frame on this..
>> >BP will be using a 486sx25 w/ 4 mb ram ..
>> >Is there a really friendly email program that
>> >is RAM conservative?.  I'm leaning toward
>> >Win31, winsock, and Eudora.  The machine
>> >has only 4meg of RAM.  If there is a
>> >"FRIENDLY" alternative that I can set up
>> >in two hours or so please lemme know.
>> >Would like to FedEx handheld PC to him tonight.
>> >I know nothing about Linux, but if it offers a friendly
>> >and idiot (me) proof alternative, I'll do it.  Especially if
>> >BP will have an easier time using it.
>> >Thx,
>> >Mike V
>> >

>> Thanks,
>>         Peter Hipson (founder, NEHOG)
>>         1995 White NA Hummer Wagon
>
>--
>Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
>QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
>(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
>(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8

Thanks,
        Peter Hipson (founder, NEHOG)
        1995 White NA Hummer Wagon