reset vector on a 68hc11

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Jun 25 18:01:36 GMT 1999

Pat Ford wrote:

> > >000003ff0:  60 00 A1 DA A1 F7 60 00  A0 00 A0 00 A0 00 A0 00
>    ^^^^^^^^^ should be 7ff0 ( I loaded the file in the middle.. DOOH)
>
> so then if the eprom is mapped in so the reset vector is at fffe-ffff
> I should subtract 7fff from A000 to get the position of the reset code in
> the eprom ( 0x2000) right. What I'm trying to do is get a good asm listing
> and reverse it to C ( I'm working backwards from gcc for 68hc11)

Yes, the reset code would appear at 0x2000 in your dump.  But remember,
to the CPU that is 0xA000, and it will have plenty of absolute
references to that memory range.  If you disassemble as if at 0x2000,
then the code won't make sense.

If this is a typical P4, then all eight double byte values on that one
line of memory dump are vectors.  The last four are reset vectors for
different sources of reset (some MEMCALs keep track of which one was
used.)  The first four are various interrupt vectors.  All of them are
"entry points" into your PROM (except for the 0x6000 ones which are for
test equipment.)