7730 addressing question

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Wed Jun 30 03:25:38 GMT 1999

>Mike Pilkenton wrote:
>>I'm curious on which V6 730 you are working on?  I have a 3.1L V6 (bin ARPL)
>>that I could use some help on.

Mike, if I remember correctly, your using a '92 f-body engine/trans.

Doug wrote:
>I am working on the 88 Z24 2.8 V6.  Basically the same engine as yours.
>The chip is ARDC.  I am mainly interested in changing the spark curves
>because the engine needs to be rebuilt (over 188K) and I am not going back
>stock nor do I want to run an EGR valve.  I don't run EGR now. I disabled
>it a long time ago without an error code, but now I know how to disable it
>form the chip.  Anyway I'm going to put flattop pistons in it to get the
>compression up and I know it will want to ping some so I will need to
>change the SA table.  I want to shoot for about 10.5:1 CR.

A short while ago, I posted the .ecu file for what I had on the azty
bin.
I kinda hope you've taken a look at it. I've been playing with this one
for
a short while. I'm now getting into dissasembling sections of code to
learn more.
As for the main spark table, that one's a given...

I wouldn't mind taking a look at your bin's, maybe they are similar
enough where we can all work together and contribute.

BobR.