More EPROM Emulator ideas

jgwynne at mrcday.com jgwynne at mrcday.com
Tue Mar 2 19:07:08 GMT 1999

| > What if we
| > dumped the flash and went with a battery backed DPRAM approach.
|
| Good idea.  It also reduces the cost.
|
| This does require some extra circuitry to keep the DPRAM deselected and
| in a low power state while everything else around it is unpowered.

Maxim's MAX791 worked out well in efi68k. One chip, 3 resistors, 2
diodes, a cap, and Li battery. I drew up something similar for the next
version of efi332, but we have not gotten that far :(.
Do the DPRAM's have a low power state?

| > Did we ever find anyone to do the schematic capture/layout?
|
| Who created the efi332 board "artwork"?

Rod Barman laid out the efi332 board, Sandy Ganz did the I/O board.  I
know someone that would do it for a small fee, but it would be nicer
to have it done by a list member. We should check with Sandy... I
don't think he is on this list. Any one else?

john