Truck Memcals

Ward wspoonemore at excite.com
Thu Mar 18 16:53:11 GMT 1999

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:10:07 -0500, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> On the newer truck memcals, in addition to having the right number of
> cylinders  for reburning, there may be a need to use one that is CPI, for
> CPI, and anything else, meaning the TBI/TPIs do fine with either.
>     If anyone knows this to be wrong, fine, just reporting what I heard.
> Bruce

Bruce:
the late trucks are $85, $0d, $31 and $0e
They are generaly lumped into standard or heavy duty. The HD are with 4l80E,
Std is 4L69E.

All of the PCM'S, (these are not ECM's, as they control the complete power
train). are very nearly identical and I thindk the software will interchange
with the exception of the Type $85.

Ward