CAGS?????

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Mar 19 14:29:10 GMT 1999

CAGS *makes* you shift from 1-4 at low TPS to improve gas mileage.
The solenoid locks out the ability to get the car into 2 or 3.  I
don't know if on a A4 car it actually needs a load there.  I do
believe from looking at mine that there is code there for it, it may
be that the light that informs the driver that cags is not going to
allow hhim to shift into 2 or 3 is not hooked up so it is getting an
error.   I don't know if something is hooked up on my A4.  You may
want to find the prom code that sets that DTC (I have had quite a bit
of luck doing this and figuring out what it is doing) and see if it is
checking for 1st gear and tps less that a certain amount then do this.
Again I don't know if it is hooked up on an A4 car with a dummy
resistor or not.

				Roger