Baro check

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 20:27:21 GMT 1999

In a message dated 3/25/99 2:51:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, dzug at delanet.com
writes:
> ts interesting to note here that in my 7727 app, if you DO live in
>  mountainous terrrain, your BARO correction will be set at KEY ON
>  time, and never re-set until you start the car again. if you're going
>  up a BIIG mountain, you're over rich at the top, right? until the BLM
>  corrects I guess. My point is that they re-use the MAP to get a BARO
>  reading and therefore cannot ever re-check baro cause theres a
>  running car attatched to the map. I wonder if this is common?

Hi Dave,
 I was reading in a Mopar EFI training book, that the MAP sensor
is referenced to get a BARO reading when you are at WOT...
This seems a little error proned to me, but that is what the
book says. That way, you can drive from 1000 ft elev to 10,000 ft
and it will not require a "key on" sequence to correct things.
Makes you wonder if a dirty air filter could ruin your day.
MV