EPROM emulator boards

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Tue Mar 30 21:38:19 GMT 1999

> Personally since you have to stop, to do the program change what is the
> issue with restarting the engine??????.
>   Lets not go for all the glitter and just get something reliable, and
> useable.
> My thoughts are build two of them.
> Have someone(s) test drive them, on a bench or inna car, and then make the
> info available for all.  Opening this up to a GP before one is even made is
> a formula for disaster in my book.
> Bruce

I agree 100%.

I'll take a look at the schematics tonight.  There's probably a way to
hook the xmit side of the UART to the data bus and use RS-232 control
signals (RTS, DSR) to control the reset and strobe signals (instead of
switches).  That way it's all under software control, and the software
can read the memory to verify changes.  If I figure something out I'll
post it back.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet