Accel DFI or Street & Performance or Arizona Speed & Marine.

Chris G. Lucas tagurit at wwisp.com
Sat May 8 22:45:27 GMT 1999

I am researching a fuel injection system for my 454 truck.  I have a
couple of questions about a few systems.  First off, I don't know much
about any of the GM computers, hence my subscribtion to this list.  I
hope to be able to program an ecm sometime though.  I am currently in
college learning Computer Science.  On with the questions.
I have narrowed my choices down to at least 3 systems.  1)Accel DFI
2)S&P  3)AS&M
Since I know nothing about these GM computers, I am leaning towards the
DFI.
Question:  If I get it, later on, will it be possible (not a major pain
in the butt) to connect a GM computer to it and gain some better control
over the system. ie  fuel map, timing etc.  Or is there a better way.
My second option is AS&M.  They use CarProm to edit the GM computers
they use  but you have to be an expert with knowing GM computers.  Which
I am not.  I don't know what model computer they use either.
Third option is S&P.  They use 90-92 Camaro computers and there is no
way of programming them.  (they don't provide a way).

I am looking for a recommendation. Can you guys help me out.  All
systems are in the $2800-3500 price range.  So that really isn't a
factor.  If you have a better idea, or another recommendation let me
know.  I want the same type of injection (tuned port) but I am wanting
to be able to tune on the fly later in the futer.
I am on the digest list so if you would like to reply directly please
do: tagurit at wwisp.com.

Thanks
Chris Lucas