3800 motor swap, computer trouble

Kevin speakerconnection at home.com
Sun May 9 01:25:44 GMT 1999

Hey all.. I just finished up a 3800 series II supercharged motor swap.. putting that motor in a 1988 buick lesabre T-type that had a 3800 series I code C motor. I have gotten two codes that are confusing me.. the first is a "est circuit fail" ... the new 97 ignition coil has been used with the old computer... and yes, I"m using the old computer at the time... the other code that is on there is "quad driver failure" code. I don't know if that is related to the egr codes which I also have... but am not concerned about right now...
does anyone have any detailed info on those two codes, why they would show up, or what the common problems related to them are?

BTW.. I have checked the knocksensor wires to ground and get a resistance of 3.9ish kilo-ohms... so I know that there isn't a short to ground there.. and I took the two knock sensors on the new 97 motor... and tied them together... Any help is much appreciated , and thanks in advance all! just trying to get as much input as I can so I can drive the car.

Regards,

Kevin