92 ecm

DC Smith dcsmith at bytes.net
Mon May 10 21:29:05 GMT 1999

On my last "outing" huntin ECM's, and grabbed the 8253..

 If I remember right, the interrupter ring on the balancer had a LOT of
little windows all around it. :^) I think it's the "fast start" setup I
read about on one of the EFI web pages. It looks like I need to go try
and grab the balancer off this car, too. At the time I didn't have the
tools with me to yank it anyway.. I think I already have a compatible
coil pack.
 Also FYI.. new GM number for the 1228253 is 16198264

 If there is a turbocharged/map 6 app for this ECM, I sure would like to
buy a memcal. :)

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Drat, I hate it when I miss a post.   I was thinking this was a NA
> application, ecm/BCC....
> I'd seen where in one applic., it just used a 3 wire MAF, but thought that
> was a typo for MAP.
> Just gotta sort ignition out, schematic mentions 18x ignition module...
> Jus wonder if the synch signal is the same, might be a repin to work
> operation.
> Then just, read the code (right, considering I ain't got that far
> yet)........
> Bruce
>      Yahoo
>     And after a 3 month wait UPS just dropped off my RS  Proboscope.........
>
> > << What?  a 1228253 that was used S/C?...
> >  Please tell me this is true.
> >  Do you have any details?.
> >  What list?
> >  Where?
> >  Who?
> >  Why?
> >  Bruce
> >   >>

> > No...I posted awhile back to the GNTTYPE list about having this ECm and
> what
> > it was good for. Fred Breitweiser I believe mentioned it would work in a
> SC
> > app up to like 5psi boost. Unless I misunderstood.
> >
> > Jim

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.13 at 112     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:dcsmith at bytes.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral