SupeRAm Followup.

Chris G. Lucas tagurit at wwisp.com
Tue May 11 23:09:18 GMT 1999

Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 19:57:10 -0700 (PDT)
  From: Squash <realsquash at yahoo.com>
  Subject: Re: Accel AS&M S&P  Follow up

  First, good luck finding a manifold w/o the DFI.  I've
  tried.  Second, how much is the FP ECM?  How much is
  the Wide-band O2 sensor?  The batch fire version with
  the wide-band O2 is $2000 and the sequential version
  is $2700!
That I what I have found also.

  Here's the part number for the Accel superram intake:
  N/A.  That's what my accel catalog says.

  How much do you want to spend?

DANG, not that much.($10,000)  If I can get a Good Port Injection unit for under
$4000. That would be good.  And Based on all these other options everyone has
mentioned. That shouldn't be out of the question.  Less of course would be good.

  Andy
  p.s. if you want to mix and match, buy the accel
  single-plane intake.  It comes with rails pre-machined
  and the bosses are cast and machined into the intake
  (and you can buy it separately for $450 from jegs and
  summit).  Then you get the injectors, harness,
  computer, etc that you want.  With your setup, the
  single-plane will prolly be a better choice for
  upper-RPM flow.  Maybe not.

The cam operating range is in 2500-6000.  That isn't alot or R's.  Plus, I Really
want a tuned port setup. (unless I went Velocity stack <grin>)
The installation EMIC place I talked to said that they used a cam simualar in size
in one of their 502 motors with no problems.
IF I got this intake, It comes with rails, so I would need a
computer/harness-FP-$2000,  injectors-MSD injectors-$$(how much)
Accel ecm distrubutor and , Accel +300 and that would be it right?
( I know I am missing something.)

Chris Lucas