Misc Electronics

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Wed May 12 17:55:46 GMT 1999

> What's a 730 harness for your stroker mopar?

Often on this list we just state the last three digits of the GM ECM
numerical designation... so 730 actually represents 1227730, 749
represents 1227749, for example.  We shorten it because most of us
have been here long enough to know what it means, and in general,
typing sucks :)

The wiring harness that goes underhood to the injectors, O2 sensors,
temp sensors, MAF or MAP sensor, etc, is the harness I'm refering
too.  The 1227730 wiring harnesses are slightly different than the
1227749 harnesses, and these harnesses are actually different in
different model cars too... as both ECMs have been used in many
different cars with different "code" loaded inside.

> I REALLY wanna get better than 6.1-6.2 mpg with this pig...

A holley 4D or 4DI is a good way to experiment with EFI, yet its easy
to install.  Remove carb, attached holley throttle body, attach six
wires, your laptop or the included programmer, and select a "default
profile" thats as close to your engine as possible, then tune from
there.  Much less aggrevation than fabricating a system from scratch.

As I mentioned before, Electromotive, Haltach, Edelbrock & Accell have
different flavors of EFI bolt-on setups.

> I would LUV to have the direct fire type of ignition setup(no
> distributor, straight from the coils)

Electromotive offers the highest performance with direct fire
ignition, and the radical high end version is used in indy F1 cars
typically.  So, its a good system.  I've used it before and its quite
nice, as long as you don't mount it on your exhaust system :)

> ALSO, do ya have a web site somewhere's about your injected Mopar
> stroker project?

Well, all the dodge stuff is at
http://xephic.dynip.com/dodge/dodge.html, but I haven't updated it in
a week or two and my web server is misbehaving at the moment.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)