Misc Electronics

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Wed May 12 22:41:14 GMT 1999

> How do ya prep the parts before coatin em with the techline stuff?

Sandblast with fine sand, clean with compressed air, coat.  You can also
use a wire brush.  Just make sure you don't scrape, blast, grind, or
damage the side skirts... this is just for the piston tops and maybe
down to the first ring land if you feel industrious.

> Thanks, this sounds like some worthwhile stuff to invest in, and what
> temp are ya usin, I don't remember what temp ya'll said you were bakin
> at? In Farenheit, if you will?

Follow the instructions on the can :)  I don't remember offhand, but I
think 450-500 degrees... its been a while.

> ALSO, I haven't heard ANYONE even MENTION about the EEC-XX stuff, what
> up with that, I thought the EEC stuff was a good system.. Am I WAY off

EEC-IV is fine for high performance stuff... I just have been applying
my efforts into the GM stuff because its cheaper in junkyards, and much
more documented.  Ludis put a HUGE effort into documenting GM ecms, and
Bruce Plecan has a test bench and many hours of evaluation.  And there's
about 20 other names that haven't stuck inside my seive of a mind... but
I found the resources greater.

I have a full 88 crown vic EEC-IV setup, and ordered an "EEC Sucker"
circuit board with about 20 bucks in chips, I can then laptop all the
code in the EEC stuff and start experimenting.  Just that the GM stuff
is easier to screw with - standard eeproms rather than some custom intel
fangled chipset.

To each their own :)