INTRODUCTION

Mike Swayze mswayze at truswood.com
Wed Nov 3 18:10:31 GMT 1999

Hi
My name is Mike. I graduated NC State in 1985 with a BSME. I have a couple
of 39 plymouths for project cars--one very good condition 4- door sedan and
one seriously in need of channeling and sectioning coupe. My donor car for
the sedan is a 75 olds cutlass-350/350. I am in the process of researching
fuel inj. options for this motor and from what I have read, I hope to be
able to scrounge up a vortec cpi setup to modify. I am new to diy_efi and
am still trying to digest what I have read so far. any help would be
appreciated.
What I hope to be able to do is to fabricate a sheetmetal tunnel ram type
manifold for use with port type cpi(I have only seen pictures of this and
have not been able to get a parts rundown yet).
The manifold would be laser cut from plate and tubing with a seperate
valley cover. I have not been able to get a parts rundown on 5.7l vortec
FI. Time frame on this phase of my 4- door sedan is approx. 2-yrs. so I
have time for plenty of research. I have just recently completed the
installation of front susp. on the frame and am fabricating parts for
mounting the rear susp... motor and trans, steering column, wiring etc.
should come about this time next year.
If there are websites or manuals with detailed info on the vortec or other
cpi port type fi. please let me know
>From what little I have read I am wondering what stoichiometric? equations
are involved in calculating the values in the various ecm tables or if they
are strictly from experience(experimentation).

Thanks
Mike