Whatssa B/L cell?

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Thu Nov 4 01:50:37 GMT 1999

I'm kinda late on this one, but...

BLM Cell or "Fuel Trim" Cell is the block learn multiplier divided into 16
cells numbered from 0-15. BLM for Cadillac is divided into 25 cells,
numbered 0-24.
Cells are arranged in a theoretical grid 4 or 5 high--4 or 5 wide...height
representing engine load from low to high, and width representing engine
speed from low to high.
Any combination of engine load and speed will fit into one of the BLM Cells
in the theoretical grid. BLM cell on a scan tool refers to the grid
parameter the engine is operating in at a given moment.

You'll find that most scan tools will refer to Fuel Trim Cell after 1992.

Lyndon.